Sunday, May 15, 2011

HW 54 - Independent Research B

        Both my parents are catholic. So i was raised as a catholic and baptized  in a catholic church. Being a catholic i felt it necessary to gain a little bit more knowledge than what i know. So after researching catholicism I found out that, When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Also that When the LORD saw how great was man's wickedness on earth, and how no desire that his heart conceived was ever anything but evil, he regretted that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was grieved. (Genesis)
(http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/genesis/genesis6.htm
        After gaining more insight on catholicism  it was time to go to the nearest catholic church in hopes to be able to talk to the father. In my favor i was able to talk to the father and ask him questions. When I asked him how his religious beliefs plays a part in his death he said, " Know one knows how they are going to die. It's impossible. However if you believe in god and have followed all the commendments there is know point in being scared. To answer your question my religious beliefs has got  me over the fact that death isn't a scary matter and it is merely something everyone has to go through. Then I asked father John, what has catholicism taught him to belief, in  how people should care for the dead? He replied, "I have always wanted to get buried since i was a little kid. I guess that was because my parents have always set that influence for me. Being a catholic we think that being buried is the best way to go."
        To analyze what the Father was saying, I find it interesting how He as well as other catholic people i know feel as though being buried is the only "right" way for people get get cared for when they are dead. I also found interesting and true that you are greatly impacted by the poeple you look up to. For example the father's parents as well as what he beliefs in has made him trruly belief that being buried is the only possible way his body as well as other catholic peoples body should be cared for when the peson is dead. In my opinion i belief that being buried is the most peaceful way to die that isn't to hard to get over compared to the alternative ways to get cared for. Also after hearing the father speak while interviewing him made me be that much sure that i want to get buried when i die. It seems peaceful as well as up to par with catholic beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment