Monday, May 2, 2011

HW 49 - Comments on Best of Your Break HW

From abdullah:
I found it interesting that you wrote about your experiences coming from a religious family. I think you're different experiences as when you were a little kid to now is very prosaic. I like your idea of crying being contagious since I have experienced similar instances in my life before.

From Sarah M:
Johnny,
You interviewed two family members with different religious views and analyzed how religion effected their views on death. You also did a great job discussing ho I enjoyed reading about what your grandmother said. You mentioned, "The first thing i noticed about both my interviews is when I asked them what was the first thing that came to there mind they both replied by saying that it is a sad part in everyones life."
I also found it strange that she had an almost identical response to the question, What do you think of when you hear the word death? You would think that an older person would have had a different view on the topic.

To improve this project you could further discuss how religion effects the choice of how to care for the dead. What about the bible makes people chose to not become cremated? What about being underground do you think scares people?

Your work was insightful and I enjoyed reading it.

From Protoge:
Like i have said before in other comments that i've wrote, your topic is really interesting. I liked how you interviewed your dad and grandmother(my dad and grandmother too). I've learned new things about this family. I like how you quoted what the people you interview said. I also liked how you compared the two interviews to eachother. I order to make this blog better. I would say to interview more people and to ask more questions so that you learn something new and learn more.

From Mentor:
Johnny this is a good start, however  you should've asked more questions to the people you did interview, It would have called for a better blog. Also you should've maybe interviewed someone that isn't in your family in order to gain further insight (maybe a friends parent or a older colleague of yours). I like the idea of of this unit being about the care of the dead. I believe that this is a underrated topic that not alot of people look into. I also found interesting how you kept on referring back to what you thought. So next time just do these adjustments and add them into your interviews and you'll probably have a better root to start off from.
-------------------------------------------------------
For Abdullah:
I enjoyed reading this blog(although it was a little too long). I also enjoyed how as you were interviewing your mom and uncle you kept thinking about what they said to of course gain insight but also learn more about them. I also valued how you quoted what the people you interviewed said.

For Sarah M:
I liked how you decided to think outside the box and interview someone that ins't in your family. I found interesting how your friends mother as a child was not into talking about death and almost in a sense avoided it. But how now that she is older and more mature she doesnt mind talking about death and excepts it as a part of life that everyone has to go through. I valued how you asked deep interesting questions to make the person you inteview say alot so we can gain info on this topic. Very interesting to read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment